Assistance and Resources
Welcome to the Oregon National Guard Educational Assistance Program. This is a joint service managed by the Oregon National Guard State Education Office and is facilitated by the Service Member and Family Program. It is designed to provide service members and spouses with assistance to help pursue your educational goals whether it be on-the-job-training, an apprenticeship, and non-college degree or degree programs. The following services are available to assist you in your pursuit of your educational goals
How To Acquire Your Education Benefits
Two sources of financial assistance are available to Oregon National Guard service members; Federal Tuition Assistance funded by the National Guard Bureau and the Montgomery GI Bill managed by the Veterans Administration. Both funding sources can be used in various combinations to extend your benefits.
1. Before you get started with any paper work we recommend you gain an understanding about the many funding options that may be available to you by reading the information paper from the Oregon National Guard State Education Office.
2. Your next step is to pursue any Federal Tuition
Assistance that may be available to you.
Read through the power point presentations in succession to learn how to request Federal Tuition Assistance through the Army website at www.goarmyed.com.
After you register on the website and have a username and password you need to upload the following items in your eFile in www.goarmyed.com:
- Signed Statement of Understanding signed by you and your unit commander
- Personalized degree plan signed by your school advisor
- Detailed course schedule and billing statement prior to each term
Once all of the documents are uploaded you can request TA for your next term through www.goarmyed.com.
3. The final step is to follow the "Road Map for Success" on the VA GI Bill website that takes you through a detailed step-by-step process to apply for benefits. This was discussed in the information paper refered to above.
Transfering Your Education Benefits
If you do not desire to use your MGIB benefits for your personal use you may transfer them to your spouce or dependent children ... read more.
State Education Office Assistance
For assistance with how to acquire funding and acceptance to an educational institution, contact CW4 Diane Beach, ORNG Education Service Officer at (503) 584-3456. The Veterans Administration offers good assistance also. You may also call the Service Member and Family Program Office at 888-688-2264 for assistance.
Anonymous - Confidential
CW4 Diane Beach
Education Services Officer
Oregon National Guard
US Dept. of Veterans Affairs
GI Bill Benefits
Oregon VA Education Benefits
Service Member & Family Program Office